Kids Bible Teacher Statement of Faith
It is essential that you know what I believe so that you can know whether these Bible materials are for you and your students. Here is what I believe. (And, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!)
My Statement of Faith:
1. I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, completely without error. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. I believe in one all-powerful, completely holy Creator God, Who is perfectly expressed in the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and is equal with God the Father (John 10:30). He was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), lived a perfectly sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), showed his power through many miracles (John 2:11; John 20:30-31), died in our place so that we might be saved (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), rose again the third day (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), and is now at the right hand of God the Father (Mark 16:19; Romans 8:34-35). One day He will return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11; Philippians 2:9-11).
4. I believe that people are justified by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and not by any works which they may do (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Philippians 3:9; Romans 3:23; 5:1-11; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
5. I believe in the resurrection of all people (saved and unsaved) and in a literal heaven and hell (John 5:28-29).
6. I believe the Holy Spirit lives in Christians and enables them to grow in godliness (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30).